Since they are special children their behavioral patterns, communication, and style statements are special as well. Therefore, children with special needs communicate in a unique pattern with others and they choose their friends. Special needs educators have come up with a typical pattern of scenario quite often that gifted kids tend to become friends with those who understand their mental process and vibe smoothly.
Online special education courses (CACHE endorsed online course) are specially crafted for the welfare of children having extraordinary gifts like ADHD, Autism, and Learning disabilities. Teachers who want to associate themselves, work with these children, and cater to their needs can undoubtedly go for this course.
Even parents who want to take care of the special kids themselves must also try this course. The best part of these courses is that they are time-space flexible, quite affordable, and include every detail based on modern methodologies that should be used to understand the thought process of gifted children.
Now, there are some awesome techniques that SEN teachers and parents often use to help special children make friends. There are children who are visually impaired, some do not have fine motor skills, speech problems, etc.,
Hence, in order to educate children with special needs or to help them get along with other children conveniently, these steps can be followed.
- It is always advisable not to command special kids because that might hurt their self-confidence. Instead, you can cook some stories like role-plays and pass on the message to them. Once they involve themselves in the role-playing activities they slowly understand what to do and what not to do. Thus, they develop a solid idea of not doing things that will adversely affect them.
- There are plenty of children who have speech problems. But they are smart enough to adopt sign language so that they can communicate easily with others. If your child is also having such an issue, you can encourage him/her to switch to sign language. They will be more comfortable in that language and can make friends easily.
- Special kids are highly intelligent and they always turn into happy souls they're being guided properly. These kids love vibrant illustrations and that is why SEN educators are focusing on using picture-based stories to teach special kids. It has been observed that these children love such stories and they are ardent fans of comics. Often sharing such books with fellow classmates has developed a good friendship.
- Both teachers and parents must spread positivity around the special kid. He/she should always be surrounded by optimism so that no negative vibe can touch and spoil their self-esteem. Thus, they will always be confident enough to showcase their skills and talent in front of other people.
- If a special child learns to keep his/her emotion under control even if the situation is not that favorable, it's going to ace the game. We all know that it is really harsh to accept all the negative criticism, trolls, or teasing but these children must understand that reacting to things like these is absolutely unimportant. Thus, it is the responsibility of SEN educators and parents to build just a trait of their special kids.
These are the tactics on how a gifted child can make friends. Special education courses are always there to guide SEN teachers so that they can use the best methodologies to take of these precious lives. Besides, entrepreneurs who want to open a creche to cater to the needs of gifted children should also opt for this particular course. The bottom line is that people who have 10+2 qualifications who want to achieve something great in their lives by working with these extraordinary kids can definitely for this CACHE endorsed online course.
Written By : Soma Pillai